- 2 large green peppers, halved lengthwise + seeded
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tbsp less sodium taco seating
- 1/4 cup tomato salsa
- 1/4 cup reduced fat sharp cheddar shredded cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Diced avocado
- Hot sauce
- Whole grain brown rice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brown ground turkey in a large skillet on medium heat. Add 1 tbsp of water and the seasoning to the turkey and stir. Add salsa, and turn heat to low when turkey is heated thoroughly.
- Add cheese and mix well. Cut green peppers in half, top to bottom. Remove the stem and seeds in one cut, or leave the stems on like in the photo, up to you. Repeat until you have four halves.
- Place halves twi at a time in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. The “skin” will lose a little brightness after the cook.
- Place peppers in a baking dish open side up and fill with your meat mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes. Place on plates and sprinkle with the toppings of you choice.